Engineering to Win
Affordable and Executable are the operative words in source selections.
Because spec-driven, prescriptive RFPs are now rare, selections are a choice among asymmetric product offerings. Contractors now define the performance spec, SOW, and development plan—and assume greater risk. Thus, Engineering to Win to arrive at and substantiate an affordable and low-risk executable offering must be accomplished prior to the RFP.
TMI provides win strategy-driven engineering that helps determine and pre-sell a winning, integrated technical, cost, and management offer. TMI’s Engineering to Win services include—
- Deriving an affordable architecture by system engineering the best balance of mission capability, cost, and risk
- CAIV trades
- Trade rationalization of product baseline
- TRL maturation/risk mitigation planning
- Defining best value aligned with mission capability benefits
- Estimating the competitor's likely cost/price as the key determinant in deriving Price to Win
TMI also offers proposal management/development, and distinctive SMEs for effective color team reviews.
Engineering to Perform
Winning is only the first step of sustainable success. Program execution ensures it. Having won the program, most companies have a staffing a gap for experienced technical SMEs. TMI’s Engineering to Perform is facilitated by our recognized subject matter experts who offer training, mentoring, and engineering services to help you improve program performance, maximize profit, and manage for affordability.